Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Amazing Progress!

From Emma Davies...

Great News!!! When I got to the hospital this morning the speech and language therapist was waiting for me. She had tears in her eyes as she told me Andy had five sips of water this morning, that he was able to open his mouth on command, that he was able to track with his eyes left to right and they had both seen him move his head half a turn ( I also saw but cant say whether it was voluntary).

To top this off he was sat out in a chair for the first time yesterday. Considering his diagnosis of locked in syndrome where the doctors have given little hope: I believe that this is the first stages of a full recovery. Bearing in mind that Kate Allat who had this same condition and is now fully recovered was only able to move her one finger after eight weeks, I would say this is real progress. All praise be to God!!! Keep praying and standing with us.

Emma

Keep Praying!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing and Our God is Able. Whether singing or humming it I always sing it for you Andy. You're a rock to many so we can only return by being your Rock :)

    Simon K

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spectacular! (I just did a little dance around the room and made strange noises in celebration, then I felt embarrassed and sat down again.) It's great that God's reminding us that he's on the case. Well done Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just awesome! Seeing Andy tomorrow. Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are on holiday and were on the beach when Stuart texted with the developments. We sat with tears streaming down our faces and rejoiced at news of the breakthrough. Just the start of signs and wonders, we believe God for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Andy through his work. I never knew that he was a Christian but I did know that he was one of the most special people I had ever met. Even though i've probably only spoken to him a handful of times I was heartbroken for him and his loved ones when I heard what had happened. Since that day I have kept you all, especially Andy in my prayers. I will continue to pray generally for him and you and know that God, who is beyond all human comprehension, still has great plans for you both. xx

    ReplyDelete